Friday, November 16, 2018

How to Write a Good GREAT Letter of Introduction

Hello Students,
Your next assignment is to create a "Letter of Introduction" that describes you! Your special traits, qualities, hobbies, and personal, educational and career goals. List your top 5 skills and abilities. It should consist of at least one page. Make sure to use correct spelling and grammar.

Letter of Introduction Assignment:
  • This is an introduction letter, about you, written to people that may be viewing your portfolio.
  • Should be about 1 page long.
  • Letter should be free of typo's, spelling and grammar errors.
  • Follow the examples in the Portfolio Handbook and include the information listed below...

You letter should include:
  • Who you are
  • Where you are currently attending school
  • What courses you are currently enrolled in aside from standard courses (such as this ROP class your in right now)
  • Your top 5 work related skills
  • Special acknowledgments from employers/instructors
  • Future education plans
  • Hobbies or other activities you enjoy
  • Discuss what is contained in your portfolio
  • Discuss the type of work/projects/activities you enjoy the most in school

Sample Introduction Letter:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Star
242 Crest St.
Capitola, CA 95010
(831) 553-2323
jostar@yahoo.com
Date



To Whom It May Concern:
 (Paragraph 1: Who you are, what you are good at, what are your top five work skills?)
I am currently attending Santa Cruz High School where I will be graduating this year in June. I have enrolled in CTE classes, which are business-oriented. CTE classes have given me a closer look at the business world and I have learned excellent work skills. 

My top five work skills are:
  • Excellent communication skills with strong listening skills
  • Responsible and reliable with attention to detail
  • Strong team player who thrives in teamwork situations
  • Good computer skills
  • Excellent time management skills
(Paragraph 2: Long and short term goals and hobbies)
I have received special acknowledgement from my employers for strong skills and work ethics.
I recently was accepted to CalPoly and plan to go there in the Fall and pursue a degree in Agribusiness. After receiving my degree, I plan to work in my family’s strawberry farming business. Eventually, I hope to be the president of the business. I have many hobbies including surfing, skiing and playing baseball but most of all, I enjoy riding my horse up in the hills. It gives me a sense of freedom and independence.

(Paragraph 3: Work experience, technical skills, awards and honors)
My portfolio shows some of the skills and abilities I have acquired in while attending Santa Cruz High School and throughout my work experience. I have always enjoyed landscaping and have enrolled in the Horticulture class for my last semester of high school. From my past experience you will notice that I enjoy working especially when I leave the job better than it was when I first got there. I have been doing tree work for three years and have worked for commercial and residential customers. Thoroughness and safety are some of my favorite qualities.

(Paragraph 4: Refer to what is included in your Career Portfolio)
Included in this portfolio, is my resume summarizing my schooling, work experience, and skills. In addition I have a list of references, letters of recommendation, and samples of my work. I hope you enjoy reviewing my portfolio.

Sincerely,

John Star


- Complete your letter of introduction and add it to your Portfolio project!

 - Mr.W

No comments:

Post a Comment